Monday, August 12, 2013

Game of Thrones Season 3 FX Reel Reveals Transience of Television Industry, Life Itself




Special effects studio SpinVFX, the people behind HBO's little-known critical darling Game of Thrones, has released a crisply edited montage of special effects shots from the ever-more visually sumptuous show.  Even in this day in age, when we should by rights expect simple over-the-shoulder shots in romantic comedies to be the product of millions of dollars worth of green screen work, I'm still surprised by how often I don't realize I'm looking at something not there.  I mean, I didn't think the producers built a 500-feet-tall wall for the actors to climb, but it never occurred to me that shots of, say, Arya looking over a river to the Twins had been digitally altered, although it certainly should have.

They include some shots of the Red Wedding, too, which doesn't look to have been digitally enhanced, just to rub that one in some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment